Saturday, June 27, 2009

Triggers

This disease is so unpredictable. One minute I can be fine, and the next I'm in the middle of a full blown anaphylactic attack. I know some of my triggers, but many still remain a mystery to me. Sometimes I react to them, sometimes I don't. Here are the triggers that I am aware of:

Stress

Heat- I live in South Texas where the temperature is around 105 all summer long.

Humidity- a killer for me.

My menstrual cycle- I had a hysterectomy, but I still know when it is, because I shock for a couple of days.

Avocado

Melon- cantaloupe & honey dew

Loud Bass sound- I know, it's weird.

Exhaustion

Air Fresheners and Flower scented candles- I do o.k. with vanilla and other food scented candles.

Bleach

City Water- last summer the city put some chemical in the water because they found some bacteria. I took a bath and ended up with blisters and hives on my body. When I would enter the bathroom, I would have breathing attacks. We ended up getting a filtration system for the house. It can't be healthy for anyone.

Spicy Food

NSAIDS

Penicillin

Pesticides

Strong Smells

These are the triggers I am aware of. Sometimes I become ill when exposed to them, sometimes I don't.

6 comments:

  1. The bass sound - OMG - I get weird, deep itching in my throat if I am near a deep bass sound (I also get the same sensation if someone blows in my face hard)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Francie,

    Great blog, we seem to have a great deal in common. I'm also from South Texas, what part of Texas are you from? Hope you don't mind me asking. My wife and I live in Victoria.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Francie,

    Contact me through email if you would, my email address is: kzapatero@gmail.com

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why aren't you blogging anymore? Please blog!It's so helpful. I am just going through the diagnosis phase

    http://mastcelladrenalinsufficiencypots.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm astounded. I've never encountered anyone else that has symptoms triggered by smells or loud sounds. The paramedics look at me like I'm completely nuts when I tell them that's what triggered it.

    ReplyDelete